Sunday, May 17, 2009

You are my punch bag

During my time in the US, I kept a diary so that I could write down all the things that I experienced there. My roommate Jia Jia had a diary too, and she wrote in it everyday without fail. But it was hard for me to follow her. I found it taxing to write down every little thing that happened during the day.

Funny, but my mood to write only came when I was lonely or sad or afraid or angry or (put down every negative emotions that humans ever had). In the end, my diary was choke full of negative feelings and experiences, with only a few positive ones. Maybe it was like a punch bag for me, an outlet of some sorts, my unfortunate little diary.

476078040_f224936a9b

But it really helped me though. My bad feelings “go away” after I wrote them down.

Maybe that is why I don’t like to write down good feelings and positive memories. I was afraid that they will “go away” too.

My diary should have been the one named “a puppy’s woes”, not my blog :).

When I read back what I had wrote back then, I am glad that I had overcame those feelings now. I definitely grew stronger in the process. And I am glad that I have that process all written down in my unfortunate little punch bag.

0 paw prints: