Thursday, April 23, 2009

Life Lessons No#4132

nokia_suit-tm

I have been trying hard for the last few hours to update my Nokia 6120 classic with a software called Nokia Software Updater. Why? Because I got nothing better to do.

I followed all the instructions carefully. Nothing left out.

They asked me to back up my phone contents first, so I did.

Download update files – finished. Then the update process started. The progress bar was moving and below that it says “estimated time left – 15 minutes”. So, I sit back in my chair happily and continue watching Nodame Cantabile Special Episode.  

2 hours passed. Estimated time left – 15 minutes.

3 hours of Nodame Cantabile later (i had to wait for the thing to load!), Estimated time left – 15 minutes.

Was tempted to pull off the USB cable and start all over again but a sentence caught my eye.

DO NOT DISCONNECT YOUR PHONE DURING UPDATE PROCESS. DOING SO WILL CAUSE SEVERE DAMAGE TO YOUR PHONE AND IT MAY NOT WORK FOREVER AGAIN. YOU MAY NEED TO BEG YOUR DAD FOR A NEW PHONE.

Below that is another sentence:

DO NOT USE YOUR PHONE DURING THE UPDATING PROCESS (EVEN DURING EMERGENCIES). DOING SO WILL HAVE THE SAME EFFECT AS ABOVE.

Well, any English-literate person who love their phone enough will follow the instructions on the screen. So I waited obediently for a few hours more. And in the process, ignored someone’s sms and terminated a phone call from a friend I haven’t heard from in a vr long time. Sorry Ah Bu~

It’s almost 12am now. And I am still waiting. Even though my phone is seemingly working like normal, the fear that plugging the cables will reduce it to a useless phone is too big.

Searching the internet for any possible solutions, I found these. Stories upon horror stories of how interrupting the update process have ruined other people’s Nokia phones and their lives.

No good.

So I plan on waiting till my bedtime.

Half a day of unnecessary kan-cheongness and waiting, gone just like tat. Life is too short for this.

Moral of my story? DO NOT UPDATE your phone software if your phone is from Nokia. Save yourself some peace of mind. There are better things to do.

no-nokia-n73-gaming

0 paw prints: