Thursday, December 18, 2008

Hot Springs, Virginia, USA

Sorry for the very very late update. If you are not my family member, you must have thought that I have gotten stranded somewhere in an island off the Pacific Ocean. Haha. But no, I'm in the USA already!










I still couldn't figure out how to get internet access in my room, so now I'm online-ing using the free Wifi service in town.

Today is Day 6 since I stepped my foot in America. I have gotten used to the weather here a bit...putting on jackets, gloves and scarves when we stepped outside and then pulling them off when we got inside...it's an automatic process...











The night when I first got here, it was snowing! Wow...but it's damn cold..especially in Chicago. I can see my own breath!

But it has not been snowing since then :(....and it even rained for the whole day yesterday! Who would have thought that it rained during winter...tat's y I didn't bring my umbrella here...and I'm regretting it now...

The town of Hot Springs is very beautiful. I like the process of walking from our housing to the hotel everyday. It's so peaceful and quiet here.
























But there's nothing much to do here except playing golf, tennis and skiing. I haven't done any of that. Before we start our orientation on Monday, except for lunch, we just stayed inside our room watching movies. Talking bout our room, it feels like a hotel!
























Orientation finished yesterday and we are going to start work today. Me and Ka Ka got the same job and today, we will work in the Main Dining Room.

There are a lot of Brazilians here and a few Argentinians and Africans who are new like us. They have been very nice to us. Americans are very nice and friendly too...but they are usually made up of older regular staffs.

They hold on strongly to Equal Employment Opportunity here, so even if they don't like us, they couldn't and wouldn't say it out loud. Haha.

And guess what, now I usually go to bed at 9pm at night (but yesterday, I slept at 6) and wake up around 5am in the morning! I'm very surprised too myself.


















0 paw prints: