Sunday, February 7, 2010

chocolate wrapper

During Valentine’s Day last year, my Korean friend Lee gave me a tiny chocolate with a pink wrapper. Inside the wrapper was a quote that I really like:

 

Go where your heart takes you

 

Looking back, my heart has taken me to places that I never imagine I will step foot on and to people that I will never otherwise meet, people who have then taken important places in my life. I guess I have always followed my heart.

 

Me and Lee

 

But how far can your heart takes you? Does it has your best interests in mind?   

There will be a time when you have to listen to the logic inside your brain rather than to the thumping sound of your heartbeat.

Yesterday night, I dreamt of a clinic in Japan with my name on it. It was a vet clinic. Maybe the doctor there had the same name as me. Still, seeing my name there made me happy. So, I asked my sister (who was in my dreams) to take a picture of it so that I can take it back to Malaysia. I have successfully fulfill my childhood dreams of becoming a veterinarian, even though it was just a dream.

Remember how we have always imagined how our lives are going to be like in the future? Sometimes, that image excites us. Sometimes it scares us. The image that I saw when I was 7 is vastly different from the image that I saw when I was 21.

But what I know is, my life at 23 now is very different from what I imagined it to be like 16 years ago or even 2 years ago. Life really is unpredictable.

So even if my future looks scary to me now, I can rest assured that it will be totally different from my imagination.

I wonder where will my heart takes me next.

2 paw prints:

Looi Hong Aun said...

Congratz on your blog update again haha...well, keep on dreaming...and make it come true :).

v said...

maybe i should follow my heart sometimes too... things would have been better and different... hehe... nice to see u again ^^