Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Magic day

Is it true that the older you get, the less birthday presents you will receive every year?

If it is, when will it reach the point when you get nothing at all?

Birthdays seem to have less meaning as you get older, at least it seems so to me. It isn’t just about presents and celebrations. It’s about feeling that a special day has been created just for you. A day when you know that you have every right to feel special.

A magical day.

But it became more and more like an ordinary day, as time passed.

“It’s no big deal, I’m just going to pretend like it’s any other day,” you told yourself.

“See, nothing special happen after all. I was right to have no expectations at the beginning, so that I’m not going to feel disappointed when it ends.”

 

And so, another birthday passed.

“What does it feel like to be 23?”

“Hah…Am I that old already??!”

 

It seems like I have reached that point when I turned 23.

0 paw prints: